Radiation Oncology Residency, University of California, San Francisco (2017-2021)
Preliminary Medicine Internship, Eisenhower Medical Center (2016-2017)
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, (2016)
M.D., University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, (2016)
B.S., Chemistry, ACS Cert., Duke University (2010)
A.A., Biology & Chemistry, Bard College at Simon's Rock (2008)
Awards & Honors
NIH Pre-doctoral Individual Fellowship (NRSA F30), 2014-2016
Junior Investigator pilot grant award (JIPGP), CHOP/ITMAT (Ins. for Transl. Med & Therapeutics) 2016-2018
Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans, 2012
Emerging Leaders in Science & Society, AAAS, Fellow, 2014-15
CHOP Distinguished Research Trainee Award, 2016
UPENN Russell J. Stumacher, MD Memorial Prize for outstanding contribution to medical humanities, 2016
Scholar-In-Training Award American Assoc for Cancer Research (AACR), San Antonio Breast Cancer Symp, 2015
Paul Ambrose Scholar, Association for Prevention Teaching and Research (APTR), Fellow, 2015-16
American Assoc of University Women Pre-doctoral Dissertation Fellowship 2014-15
Graduate and Professional Student Association (Penn) Research Travel Award, 2016
Genetics of Complex Diseases, Scholarship, 2013
American Heart Association Pre-Doctoral Training Grant, 2012-14
American Society for Clinical Oncology, Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Merit Award, 2014
Selected Publications and Abstracts
A complete list of her published works can be found at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/yun.li.2/bibliography/47564070/...
1. Li, YR., and H. Matsunami. Activation State of the M3 Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Modulates Mammalian Odorant Receptor Signaling. Science Signaling. January 2011. PMC3034603 (Featured Cover)
2. Kim, HJ, Kim, NC, Wang, YD., .. Li YR … Taylor, JP. (2013). Mutations in prion-like domains in hnRNPA2B1 and hnRNPA1 cause multisystem proteinopathy and ALS. Nature.
3. Li, YR, King, O, Shorter, J, & Gitler, AD (2013). Stress granules as crucibles of ALS pathogenesis. J. of Cell Biology, 201(3), 361–72.
4. Li YR., & Matsunami, H. (2013). Unfolding the mystery of olfactory receptor gene expression. Dev Cell, 27(2), 1–2.
5. Mainland, J. D., Keller, A., Li, Y. R… Matsunami, H. (2013). The missense of smell: functional variability in the human odorant receptor repertoire. Nat. neuroscience.
6. Lee, T.*, Li, YR.*,…, Gitler, AD.#. Ataxin-2 intermediate-length polyglutamine expansions in European ALS patients. Human Molecular Genetics, 20(9):1697-700. PMC3071667
7. Aoki R.* and Li YR*#. alpha-synuclein promotes neuroprotection through NF-kappaB-mediated transcriptional regulation of protein kinase C-delta. Sci Signal 4, jc6 (2011).
8. Swerdlow DI, Holmes MV, … Li YR, …, Keating BJ, Sattar N.The interleukin-6 receptor as a target for prevention of coronary heart disease: a mendelian randomisation analysis. Lancet 379, 1214-1224 (2012).
9. Li, YR, Xian, RR, Ziober, A… June, CH, Zhang, PJ, and Tchou, J, “Mesothelin expression is associated with poor outcomes in breast cancer.,” Breast Cancer Res. Treat., vol. 147, no. 3, pp. 675–84, Oct. 2014.
10. Jiang, Yue,* Li, YR*., Ma, Minghong and H. Matsunami. “Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M3 modulates odorant receptor activity via inhibition of β-arrestin-2 recruitment.” Nature Communications, vol. 6, p. 6448 (2015).
11. Li, YR…Keating, BJ, Hakonarson, H. The genomic landscape of pediatric autoimmune diseases. Nature Medicine. (2015).
12. Li, YR…Keating, BJ, Hakonarson, H. Heritability and genetic sharing of pediatric age-of-onset autoimmune diseases. Nat. Commun. 6, 8442 (2015).
13. van Ingen, G…. Li, YR… Hakonarson, H. et al. Genome-wide association study for acute otitis media in children identifies FNDC1 as disease contributing gene. Nat. Commun. 7, 12792 (2016).
14. Gershuni, V., Li, YR… Tchou, TC. Breast cancer subtype distribution is different in normal weight, overweight, and obese women. Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 1–7 (2017).
15. Plikus, MV, F. Guerrero-Juarez, C., Ito, M, Li, YR, Dedhia, PH,,… Lazar, MA., and Cotsarelis, G. Regeneration of fat cells from myofibroblasts during wound healing. Science, 2017
Major Conference Abstracts, Talks and Presentations
1. Human Genome Meeting, Barcelona, Spain, 2017, Platform Talk
2. American Academy for Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine, 2017, Oral Presentation
3. American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, 2016, Poster
4. International Conference on Autoimmunity (Leipzig, Germany), 2016: Platform Talk
5. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2013: Poster, 2015: Oral Presentation, AACR Scholar-In-Training Award
6. World Conference on Lung Cancer, 2015 Oral Presentation
7. American Society for Human Genetics, Poster Presentations (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Reviewer's Choice Award)
8. American Society for Clinical Oncology, Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Merit Award 2014 (Poster 2014, 2015, 2016)
9. Guest Speaker, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK, September 2014
10. Guest Speaker, Kings College London, London, UK, September 2014
11. Genomics of Complex Diseases (Nature Conference), 2014 Poster Presentation
12. American Society for Cell Biology, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016 Poster Presentation
13. Eastern Vascular Surgical Society Conference, Medical Student Award 2012
14. Keystone Symposium on Neurodegeneration, Graduate Student Travel Award 2011