Jie Jane Chen, M.D.
• Radiation Oncology Residency, University of California, San Francisco (2021-2025)
• Preliminary Medicine Internship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital (2020-2021)
• Medical Degree, Harvard Medical School (2016-2020)
• Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and Public Health, University of California, Berkeley (2011-2015)
Awards & Honors
- UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility Award (2022-2023)
- Harvard Medical School Dean’s Innovation Award in Diversity and Inclusion (2019-2021)
- Harvard Medical School Honors in a Special Field, Cum laude (2020)
- Massachusetts Medical Society Scholars Award Finalist (2020)
- Harvard Medical School Program Award for a Culture of Excellence in Mentoring (2019)
- SF (MNT) Fund Scholarship (2019)
- Harvard Medical School Scholars in Medicine Student Conference Funding (2019)
- Harvard Medical School Medical Education Day Student Research Award (2018)
- Chinese American Physicians Society Scholarship (2018)
- UC Berkeley High Distinction in General Scholarship (2015)
- Women Health Care Executives Undergraduate Scholarship (2014)
- UC Berkeley Academic and Student Opportunity Fund Travel Grants (2014)
- UC Berkeley Regents’ and Chancellor’s Research Fellowship (2014)
- UC Berkeley Regents’ and Chancellor’s Scholarship (2011-2015)
- Cal Alumni Association Leadership Award Scholarship (2011-2015)
- UC Chinese Alumni Foundation – Diana Chung Scholarship (2011)
- National Merit Scholarship (2011)
- James W. McLamore Whopper Scholarship (2011-2015)
Selected Publications and Abstracts
- Chen JJ, Gompers A, Evenson A, James BC, Royce C. Surgical Adaptation of the Situation Awareness Rating Technique (S-SART): Assessing Situational Awareness Among Medical Students. J Surg Educ. 2022; S1931-7204(22)00247-1. doi: 10.1016/j.jsurg.2022.09.015.
- Chen JJ, Shin K-Y, Hong PJ, Hertan LM, Krishnan MS, Roldan CS, Huynh MA, Spektor A, Balboni TA. Longitudinal Symptoms and Temporal Trends in Palliative Care, Palliative Radiotherapy, and Anti-Cancer Treatment Near End of Life Among Patients with Metastatic Cancer. Ann Palliat Med. 2022;11(8):2646-2657. doi: 10.21037/apm-22-301.
- Chen JJ*, Roldan CS*, Nichipor AN, Balboni TA, Krishnan MS, Revette AC, Chen AB, Hertan LM. Prognostic Understanding and Goals of Palliative Radiotherapy: A Qualitative Study. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2022;64(6):567-576. doi: 10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2022.08.011.
- Chen JJ*, Kusner J*, Saldaña F, Potter J. Development of a Novel Mentorship Platform to Foster Relational Mentoring and Professional Identity Formation in Undergraduate Medical Education. Acad Med. 2021;96(11):1580-1585. doi: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000004152.
- Chen JJ, Sullivan AJ, Shi DD, Krishnan MS, Hertan LM, Roldan CS, Huynh MA, Spektor A, Fareed MM, Lam TC, Balboni TA. Characteristics and Predictors of Local Failure in Patients with Spinal Metastases Treated with Palliative Conventional Radiotherapy. Adv Radiat Oncol. 2021;6(3):100665. doi: 10.1016/j.adro.2021.100665.
- Chen JJ, Roldan CS, Nichipor AN, Balboni TA, Krishnan MS, Revette AC, Hertan LM, Chen AB. Patient-Provider Communication, Decision-Making, and Psychosocial Burdens in Palliative Radiotherapy: A Qualitative Study on Patients’ Perspectives. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2021;62(3):512-522. doi: 10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2021.01.129.
- Chen JJ, Rawal B, Krishnan MS, Hertan LM, Shi DD, Roldan CS, Huynh MA, Spektor A, Balboni TA. Patterns of Specialty Palliative Care Utilization Among Patients Receiving Palliative Radiation Therapy. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2021;62(2):242-251. doi: 10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2020.12.018.
- Chen JJ, von Eyben R, Gutkin PM, Hawley E, Dirbas FM, Lee GK, Horst KC. Development of a Classification Tree to Predict Implant-Based Reconstruction Failure with or without Postmastectomy Radiation Therapy for Breast Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2021;28(3):1669-1679. doi: 10.1245/s10434-020-09068-3.
- Chen JJ, Harris JP, Kong CS, Sunwoo JB, Divi V, Horst KC, Aasi SZ, Hollmig ST, Hara WY. Clinical perineural invasion of cutaneous head and neck cancer: Impact of radiotherapy, imaging, and nerve growth factor receptors on symptom control and prognosis. Oral Oncology. 2018; 85: 60-67. doi: 10.1016/j.oraloncology.2018.08.014.
- Chen JJ*, Shah JL*, Harris JP, Bui TT, Schaberg K, Kong C, Kaplan M, Divi V, Schoppy D, Le QT, Hara WY. Clinical outcomes of elderly patients treated for oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. Int J of Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017; 98(4): 775-783. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2017.03.017.
For complete list of publications and abstracts, please see: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=6M_3sZwAAAAJ&hl=en