Welcome to the Physics Division
Please click on any of the tabs below
to learn more about our division.
- Drs. Qihui Lyu and José Ramos-Mendez have accepted our offer to join UCSF Radiation Oncology Physics as Assistant Professor In-residence starting July 2023.
Olivier Morin was promoted to Full Professor of Clinical Radiation Oncology (03/2023).
- Bruce Faddegon is named an author of a top-cited 2021-2022 Medical Physics paper entitled “Report on G4-Med, a Geant4 benchmarking system for medical physics applications developed by the Geant4 Medical Simulation Benchmarking Group”
- Gilmer Valdes co-authored a high impact paper that was selected as one of the Innovative & Transformative Studies of 2022 by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation https://www.evidenceforaction.org/blog-posts/innovative-transformative-studies-2022
- Emily Hirata and Wensha Yang elected 2023 AAPM Fellows
- Hui Lin received Uncle Kory Foundation seed grant, Developing Multimodal Deep Learning for Outcome Prediction in Glioblastoma Patients After Radiation Therapy
- Tomi Nano and Dante Capaldi received Winship Invest Pilot Grant as co-investigators (01/2023).
- Manju Sharma received a pilot award from the Mount Zion Health Fund’s (MZHF) to develop “Cone Beam CT Image Analysis to Predict Head and Neck Radiotherapy Toxicities for Adaptive Radiotherapy”
- Hui Lin and Olivier Morin received DOD award DOD W81XWH-22-1-0695 Integrating Metabolic and Physiologic MRI for Personalized Glioblastoma Radiotherapy Planning as co-I (PI: Janine Lupo)
- Chris Diederich is the recipient of the ESHO-Pyrexar Award in recognition of outstanding contributions to the field of hyperthermia, given by the European Society of Hyperthermic Oncology, 34th Annual Meeting, September 14-17 2022 Gothenburg, Sweden
- Manju Sharma was guest of Honor on the last invited visit to India – as a part of global efforts.